We Want to Help You!
If you need help or know of someone affected by Hurricane Harvey that needs help, please refer them to your local church who can assist them with a work crew. If you do not have a local church, please contact Mission Depot at 936-788-6650. We will also be setting up local regional offices this Fall to help individuals with re-building. Watch this web-site for more information.
Reports of church and parsonage damage should go to your district office.
We Need Your Help!
With over a half a million homes flooded because of Hurricane Harvey, it's going to take a while before things are back to normal in Southeast Texas. Five of our nine church districts were decimated, with thousands of our church members and pastors being displaced because of flooding. There are still hundreds and thousands of people outside the church walls that need your help with rebuilding. This is where the church gets to step up and be the hands and feet of Christ! Thank you in advance for all your hard work.
Here are the steps on how to volunteer:
- Put an adult work team together to volunteer by filling out the form at http://www.txcumc.org/disastervolunteerteamreg. Other questions about volunteering can be emailed to Pyppa Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help is still needed throughout the Conference where neighborhoods are still in shambles.
- Make your travel plans
- Prepare your work team and gather the needed supplies including the following: http://www.txcumc.org/floodppe
We Need Your Gifts!
In just one county alone, FEMA is estimating that we will be nearly $1 billion short of meeting the needs we currently have. That means the church is going to have to step up and help! As always, your generous gifts to the Texas Annual Conference are critically needed and deeply appreciated to make an impact on flood victims lives. As always, 100% of donations to the Texas Annual Conference go to assist those affected by the disaster and are tax deductible.
Gifts can be given in three ways:
1. BY TEXT TO 713-489-3630
- Text the amount you would like to give to 713-489-3630
- If you are a first time, text-giving donor you will be prompted to visit a secure URL.
- Once you click the registration link, you will enter your credit or debit card information.
- At this point your donation will process.
- You will see a confirmation text showing your donation and registration were successful.
2. By Credit Card:
3. By Mail:
Send a check to:
Texas Annual Conference
5215 Main Street
Houston, Texas 77002
(We also accept cash gifts, but please drop them off in person)